FEW EASY STEPS TO FABULOUS!!!
The holiday season is upon us and that means more than just parties, good food, and festive activities. There’s also the stress of finding the perfect gifts and not breaking the bank.
What better way to show someone how much you care, while saving some money, than making a homemade gift! Easy enough for a kid to make, but stylish enough for any fashionista.
Continue reading Easy, Affordable Christmas Gift In a Few Easy Steps
For as long as my husband is playing hockey it is pretty much a guarantee that we will be moving from one apartment to another. Whether we are moving cities or we out grow our apartment the less crap we have to move the better. A fake Christmas Tree is one of those things we just don’t need and I hate the mess of a real Christmas Tree. So what’s a girl to do? I sat down for a few minutes and thought, “What would Macgyver do?” (You’d be surprised how many times a week I ask myself ‘WWMD?’.)
Obviously, the answer is make one out of yarn and twinkle lights.
In an hour you can have a no mess, no watering, spread some holiday cheer Christmas Tree!
- Twinkle Lights
- Small Nails
- Small Ornaments
- Measure or eye the outline of a Christmas Tree.
- Starting at the top hammer nails in the outline of a Christmas Tree.
- Then start back at the top and tie the yarn onto the nail.
- Outline the Christmas Tree with yarn. When you reach a nail do a loop around the nail before continuing to the next one.
- Cut small pieces of yarn and tie them onto the outline where you see fit. As many or as few as you’d like.
- Then take the twinkle lights and follow the yarn. When the outline with the twinkle lights is complete start the outline again, but this time run the string across the middle of the tree.
- Hang small ornaments and let the tree illuminate your space with warm, cheery vibes.
Take some fun holiday pictures in front of your awesome new tree!
Head over to Pear Laine for more DIY activities.
Having kids is exhausting and by the end of the day you may need a large glass of wine. No judgement here if that one large glass turns into two large glasses.
And what’s better than drinking wine? Knowing that the more you drink the more wine corks you’ll have to make Christmas Ornaments with! While many would look at the wine cork as trash you can look at it and see sparkly decorations.
This DIY ornament is a great way to spend a cold winter afternoon with the family. Besides being a fun family activity you are also teaching your kids the importance of upcycling and reusing rather than throwing everything in the garbage.
Continue reading DIY Christmas Ornaments